Frequently Asked Questions
I have a few questions
The employer section is for leaders who have a training requirement for their team or employees. The learner section is for individuals who are looking to upskill/reskill or return to the workplace. If you are an individual joining the programme via a training initiative in your organisation, the ‘Learner’ section is the relevant section for you.
Go to MyCareerPath.ie and book an online 30-minute appointment with a Career and Learning Pathway Adviser who will give you an overview of the service and the pathway most suited to you. Then you will be provided with login details so you can access the platform yourself to begin your 4-stage developmental programme.
You can book a 30-minute appointment at a time suitable to you with a Career and Learning Pathway Adviser by clicking on any of the ‘book an appointment buttons’ across the site or by visiting our Book an Appointment page that shows various days and times available.
All appointments are 30 minutes duration.
On average it takes 6 weeks for participants to complete the online programme. However, the actual duration depends on what pathway you choose and how much time you have available to you to engage with the online activities.
To cancel your appointment please email your Career and Learning Pathways Advisor, please give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if possible.
You can reset your password by visiting the ATU Career Centre website or emailing email@example.com.
Any of the work you complete with your Career and Learning Pathways Adviser or on the MyCareerPath platform is completely confidential. We do not share any individual’s information with your employer. Data collected is covered by GDPR legislation.
Yes, on completion of the programme you will receive a digital certificate.
MyCareerPath.ie, a free online service for employees and anyone else seeking to upskill or re-skill. The website, which has been developed by the ATU, combines cutting-edge AI technology and one-to-one mentoring to support employees and others back into higher education in way that’s as seamless and flexible as possible. MyCareerPath.ie also offers a free service for businesses facing challenges in the 21st century, such as changing demands from clients and widening skills gaps within their own workforce. Businesses can request advisors to meet with their teams, identify potential gaps and provide solutions.
MyCareerPath.ie learners start their journey by booking a 30-minute online consultation with a professional advisor, after which they gain access to a number of online tools which assess their motivators, interests, abilities and transferable skills. In addition, the advisor can support learners to understand how learning that has taken place in the workplace can be used to gain access to higher education courses. Users also benefit from a 30-minute one-on-one meeting at the end of the process in which learners reflect on their career goals, understand their skills gaps and set out the next steps to achieve their goals, including potential ATU courses.
MyCareerPath.ie is a comprehensive career development platform with 1000’s of interactive tools to help you on your career and learning pathway journey. It includes some of the following features:
- An employability assessment so that you can become the most employable version of you.
- Online career assessments to figure out how you prefer to work, what genuinely motivates you, how resilient you are and the strengths that make you stand out. There are 15 career assessments available to help you understand yourself better.
- 1000’s E-Learning Courses and resources that are focused on developing your career and workplace skills.
- AI resources such as CV Builder, CV 360 and Interview 360, that give you instant up-to-date feedback.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL); learn how your career experience to date can count in gaining entry to a third level course with the Atlantic Technological University.
- Mindset: approach your pathway with curiosity, have an open mind to learning and be flexible.
- Commitment: invest three hours per week over six to eight weeks to complete the programme.
- Engage: attend one to one sessions, don’t be afraid to ask questions and complete all tasks assigned.
- Above all: allow yourself to dream of all your possibilities.